Grilled Fruit Skewers
Tasty, healthy, summer-ready? Check, check, check.
These grilled fruit skewers are easy to customize and prepare—you can even get the kids in on the fun! Inspired by our friends at Cowboy Charcoal and Western BBQ Wood, it’s perfect for BBQ newbies as well as seasoned experts. Visit their websites for more mealtime inspiration!
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Use this list as a guide or create your very own combination using your favorite fruit! The sky’s the limit.
- 12 grapes
- 1/2 pineapple, sliced into cubes
- 3 kiwis, skin removed
- 12 strawberries
- 12 wooden skewers
- Light lump charcoal in a charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes. Alternatively, you can use a gas grill.
- If using a charcoal grill, spread hot coals over grilling area and preheat the grill for about 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine margarine, honey, lemon juice and cinnamon, and cook over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Prepare skewers by threading different fruit varieties alternately on each wooden skewer – or let family members customize their own.
- Place fruit skewers on a sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle the cinnamon-honey glaze evenly across the skewers.
- If using a charcoal grill, wait to do this step until coals have ashed over.
- Remove skewers from foil and place directly on grill grates and allow to cook for 5-6 minutes, turning once while cooking.
- Remove fruit skewers from the grill and let cool for several minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!