Spicy homemade popsicles
There are few things more refreshing than a fruity, icy popsicle. No need to chase down the ice cream truck either – get your hands on a mold (we like this one) and make some yourself! Here are a few of our favorite flavor combos. They’ve all got a fiery kick—perfect for backyard campouts.
Spicy pineapple popsicles
- Mix 1 pound of fresh pineapple, 2-4 tablespoons sugar and the juice of 1 lime in a blender or food processor.
- Make a spice blend using cayenne pepper, Kosher salt and black pepper.
- Fill your popsicle molds 1/3 of the way with the juice mixture. Then, sprinkle a small layer of the spice blend on top of that layer and swirl gently.
- Repeat until the popsicle mold is full.
- Freeze the popsicles overnight.
- Unmold them, and before serving, roll in more of the spice blend for even more of a kick.
For a grown-up treat, serve alongside a Mexican beer or tequila and soda for dipping!
- Cube a small watermelon and discard the rind. Puree the watermelon cubes and a ripe garden tomato in a blender or food processor.
- Strain well to remove any small bits.
- Slice 1-3 jalapenos (depending on how much you love hot and spicy flavors) and mix into the strained juice.
- Pour into a popsicle mold and freeze overnight.
Apple cinnamon popsicles
- Blend vanilla Greek yogurt, applesauce, cinnamon and a dash of vanilla extract in the blender or with a hand mixer.
- Carefully pour into your popsicle mold and freeze overnight.
- After unmolding, roll in a mixture of cinnamon and coconut sugar before serving. Cinnamon spice and everything nice, these healthy pops are perfect for kids.