Connect with the Duraflame community on our Facebook page.
Like us on Facebook to access exclusive promotions and engage with other fans.
Click here to like this page.
 
Pet Safety
 


Pet Safety
 
Click on the question below to learn the answer.

Are duraflame fire logs and firestarters dangerous to pets or small children?
 

Store fire logs and firestarters out of reach of pets and small children.  They are not suitable for human or animal consumption. For safety purposes, it's always best to keep pets and small children away from the fireplace while it is in use.  Always use a firescreen while burning.  If your fireplace is burning properly and all smoke is ventilated to the outdoors there should not be any exposure to smoke that could irritate your house pets or children.  Birds, however, have particularly sensitive lungs and circulation systems and can be sensitive to slight changes in heat and air conditions.  Keep pet birds far away from the fireplace.
 

Are fire logs or firestarters toxic if my pet eats part of them?
 

Our fire logs are made of sawdust, agricultural fibers, waxes and oils; we are not aware of any ingredients that would cause a chemically toxic reaction should your pet consume a small amount of these products.  However, the wood fibers in the product are not digestible.  Depending on how much of the fire log or firestarter is eaten, your pet may become constipated or have an upset stomach.  If you have a small pet or the pet has eaten a large amount of the product you should consult a veterinarian as the pet may experience complications with its digestive system.  Click here to request a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) if your vet requires that information.
 

Is burning fire logs or firestarters toxic to bird(s)?
 

Birds have particularly sensitive lungs and circulation systems, so they can be quite sensitive to slight changes in heat and air conditions.  For these reasons, please keep pet birds far away from the fireplace.
 

Click here to request a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) sheet be faxed or emailed to your pet's veterinarian.